Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, April 16, 2010

Tacos Mexico - (East) Los Angeles

Tacos Mexico - (East) Los Angeles 1

In April 2009, after dining at One Sunset - West Hollywood, I still wasn't quite satisfied. I wasn't hungry, but dinner didn't quite hit the mark for me. After dropping off The Glutster, Danny of Kung Food Panda and I saw the "open 24 hours" and "Especial Martes Tacos .55" signs at Tacos Mexico and decided to make a pit stop. It wasn't a Tuesday so the tacos were actually $1.05, but that seemed just right for a late night snack.

Danny got carne asada tacos, I think?

Tacos Mexico - (East) Los Angeles 2

I got lengua and carne asada tacos. The tongue was actually quite tender and flavorful. The tacos were pretty small, about the size of the palm of my hand. There was just enough meat and toppings to make me feel like I got my dollar's worth.

Tacos Mexico - (East) Los Angeles 3

So about a week later, on a Tuesday this time, I went with the oldest '87 to check out Tacos Mexico when the tacos were 55 cents.

Tacos Mexico - (East) Los Angeles 4

I tried a variety: carne asada, carnitas, lengua, and chicken.

Tacos Mexico - (East) Los Angeles 5

There's a salsa bar so you can help yourself to green or red salsas.

Tacos Mexico - (East) Los Angeles 6

And even for 55 cents, the portions were the same as the regular price.

Tacos Mexico - (East) Los Angeles 7

They're 55 cent tacos! What more do you expect?

Tacos Mexico - (East) Los Angeles 8

Sadly, with the economy as it is, the taco Tuesdays are now 65 cents. Still not a bad deal at all.

Other Mexican restaurants:
Carnitas Michoacan - Los Angeles (Lincoln Heights)
Chichen Itza Restaurant - Los Angeles
Cook's Tortas - Monterey Park
Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen - Orange
King Taco Restaurants #11 - El Monte (Garvey Ave.)
Los Cinco Puntos - Los Angeles
Old Town Mexican Cafe and Cantina - San Diego
Senor Fish - Alhambra
Tacos Baja Ensenada - (East) Los Angeles
Taqueria Chihuahua - Los Angeles (Mar Vista)

Tacos Mexico
355 S. Atlantic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90022
323-980-2315

*****
1 year ago today, Shin-Sen-Gumi Hakata Ramen - Gardena.
2 years ago today, how to chop and prepare sugarcane.
3 years ago today, Egg Rolls with Salmon and Avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!