Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Giordano's Stuffed Spinach Pizza - Chicago - Illinois from Gourmet Pigs

Giordano's Stuffed Spinach Pizza from Gourmet Pigs 1

In the pizza wars, only one pizza reigns supreme for me.

Because there's only one pizza for which I get cravings. For the buttery, flaky crust. For the deep dish stuffed spinach goodness. For the liberal amounts of tangy tomato sauce on top.

Sure there are other deep dish pizzas and other stuffed pizzas, but only Giordano's stuffed spinach pizza comes with heaping amounts of nostalgia for my undergrad days. For snowy winters and having to decide whether to brave the cold for Sunday dinner or stay in the dorm and make do with a bag of popcorn.

The stuffed or deep dish pizzas I've tried in California, NorCal and SoCal, just aren't the same. So I was way excited when Gourmet Pigs came back from Chicago with a frozen stuffed spinach pizza for me. Yippee!!!

You can order the pizzas half-baked and frozen at the restaurants and they'll have it ready for you to take on the plane. One of my college friends did this once. On the way to take me to the airport, she said she had to make a pitstop, and came out with two frozen pizzas for me to take home. Way cool.

Giordano's Stuffed Spinach Pizza from Gourmet Pigs 2

Just look at the cross-section. Isn't it a beautiful sight?

Giordano's Stuffed Spinach Pizza from Gourmet Pigs 3

So delicious. I haven't been back to Chicago since 2006 and sometimes I get pangs of longing for the city and the food.

Giordano's Stuffed Spinach Pizza from Gourmet Pigs 4

Giordano's ships frozen pizzas nation-wide, but the prices are pretty steep. Besides, this way, I appreciate the gesture so much more.

Thanks Gourmet Pigs!

Giordano's (Various locations)

*****
1 year ago today, How to Make Homemade Play Dough.
2 years ago today, Jamaica (Hibiscus Tea).
3 years ago today, the perfect bowl of ramen and meltingly tender pork at Daikokuya Original Noodle & Rice-Bowl - Los Angeles (Little Tokyo).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!