Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Kiki Bakery - San Gabriel (Closed)

I only go to Kiki Bakery for one item. Sure they make cute and delicious little cakes, which you can see on my Kiki Bakery - Alhambra post.


Kiki Bakery - San Gabriel 1

But for this post, I'm just concentrating on their breads.




Kiki Bakery - San Gabriel 2

Specifically, the taro mochi bun.


Kiki Bakery - San Gabriel 3

A gigantic pillowy taro bun, which sells for $1.69.


Kiki Bakery - San Gabriel 4

In a star shape.


Kiki Bakery - San Gabriel 5

Filled with taro paste and taro mochi. Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. For taro lovers, it's a triple dream come true. Taro sweet bread, taro paste, gooey taro mochi.


Kiki Bakery - San Gabriel 6

The taro toast, which is really a loaf of sweet bread with taro paste swirls, sells for $2.50.


Kiki Bakery - San Gabriel 7

But really, I just go for the taro mochi bun.

And panda cookies, because I can't ever get enough of their cuteness.


Kiki Bakery - Alhambra 10


Updated November 10, 2009: This location of Kiki Bakery has changed owners and  is now MoMo Bakery.

Kiki Bakery (Several locations)
608 E. Valley Blvd., Ste. #F
San Gabriel, CA 91776
626-288-1338
9 a.m. to 9 p.m.

*****
1 year ago today, Dubu Chorim (Korean Fried Tofu in Soy Sauce).
2 years ago today, Why Oregon Will Always Be Home, and Tillamook Cheese and oyster burgers.

10 comments:

  1. woah, there's taro paste in there? I gotta try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those taro buns look great, but they don't hold a candle to yours (in the earlier post)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a taro girl...taro, ube, cassava...bring em on!

    hmmm bakeries...they're one of my fetishes. sometimes (most of the times), i just walk in and spend so long...even without buying anything...they're feasts for my eyes and soul

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taro paste! And to see it in bread-I can see how lovely it will go together!!!

    And how i wish they hv more of these bakeries in Perth! I love the soft aroma and taste of these breads.

    Happy Christmas Wandering Chopsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pirikara,
    Taro paste and taro mochi!

    PE,
    Aww, you're too sweet. But trust me, they're so much better than mine.

    MCR,
    I love bakeries too! But I could never resist walking in and walking around, but never buying anything.

    Daphne,
    Merry Xmas! Aww, too bad Perth doesn't have more of these bakeries for you to indulge in! I imagine you get your fill of them in Singapore though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the taro mochi bun! I havent had one since May D: Since I moved away, I been so craving one ;-; but theres no reason to go near the area, specially on bus and in the rain - Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything sounds so interesting!I've never heard of such combinations - taro mochi bread sounds like starchy heaven to me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Izzy,
    Taro mochi bun is reason enough to come out just for it. But yeah, I wouldn't do it on a bus and in the rain either.

    Foodhoe,
    If you're a taro lover, this definitely hits the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm, that combo sounds delicious. Thanks for posting all these tasty finds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeannie,
    Thanks for sometimes following up on them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!