Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Muop (Vietnamese Loofah/Luffa)

Muop (Vietnamese loofah) squash on a trellis in my youngest uncle's garden. Yes, this is the same loofah in which I showed you how to make a loofah sponge so you can scrub with it in the shower. It's also edible. My recipe for muop tom xao (Vietnamese loofah and shrimp stir-fry).
Loofah 1
A close-up.
Loofah 2
***** 1 year ago today, goi ga (Vietnamese chicken salad).

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this brings back memories.... My aunt had a huge Loofah vine in the backyard. I remember playing with the dry ones as a child and just shaking all the seeds out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you could eat these. I'll have to look for them next time I'm at the asian market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie,
    That's what I did to make a loofah sponge.

    No Recipes,
    They're very common so you should be able to find it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!