Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Punxsutawney Phil Says Spring is Coming Soon

Punxsutawney Phil stuck his head out yesterday and didn't see his shadow. You know what that means right? Spring is coming in six weeks. Yippee!

As crocus are usually the first sign of spring, I ventured into my garden to look. Sure enough, my crocus have bloomed. I found four patches of gold crocus. My purple and white crocus are still hiding. Did you know that stigmas of certain crocus are saffron, the most expensive spice?






Just one primrose.



Cyclamen.


The viola's violet and orange contrast is much prettier in person. These self-seeded all over my garden from a small six-pack I bought a few years ago.


Empress of India nasturtium grown from seeds. Did you know nasturtium flowers and leaves are edible? Try adding them to salads, they have a sharp peppery flavor.


The only edibles growing in my herb garden right now are these rather sad looking leeks.
That's it folks. The rest of my garden is a dried out, weedy mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!